Are you a business owner or an entrepreneur striving to reach your target market or set revenue targets?
If your answer is “yes,” then it’s time to look for a digital marketing consultant or become one.
In today’s competitive and more complex digital environment, businesses and industries striving to captivate their target customers. That is why you need to market yourself and your business effectively to generate more leads and customers.
In this blog, you will uncover more about how a digital marketing consultant can help you reach your customers and secure more sales.
What’s a digital marketing consultant?
A digital marketing consultant is an external advisor who specializes in leveraging online marketing channels to generate leads and enhance sales conversions.
The duties of a digital marketing consultant differ depending on your needs. Some will only work on particular marketing campaigns, while others will supervise your whole marketing strategy from start to finish.
Regardless of the scope of services you choose, a digital marketing consultant is responsible for ensuring your marketing campaigns are launched to help you reach your goals.
A digital marketing consultant can suitably choose the best marketing channels to use based on your product, services, and target audience. It can help increase the overall recognition and visibility of your brand or products. And generate qualified leads, convert more sales.
What Does a Digital Marketing Consultant Do?
A marketing strategy works as your roadmap for all the campaigns you will launch, making sure your business will be strong online.
A marketing strategy includes:
- The particular business goals you desire, your available resources, a timeline for analysis and results, marketing channels, and KPIs.
- Details of the key messages, the target audience segments, and the mix of channels and tactics to reach them.
A digital marketing consultant will be accountable for:
- Planning a suitable approach for your company or business based on your industry, target audience, and current digital marketing effectiveness and activities.
- Identifying priority objectives for your company like getting more website traffic, generating more leads, and boosting conversions.
- Exploring the online marketing channels and platforms to start like Google Adwords, Facebook ads, and SEO.
- Constantly checking data analytics to get results relevant to your business’s priority objectives and advise the next steps.
- Updating online campaigns for retargeting and optimizing leads to boost conversions.
Branding goes ahead with your business logo, tagline or slogan, color schemes, and fonts.
It is also your brand identity. This covers your unique selling proposition, personality, and the emotions you want your target customers to feel about your business and your products.
The digital marketing consultant strives to improve the overall brand image with creative online marketing campaigns that will effectively result in conversions and leads.
To achieve this, a digital marketing consultant should follow and straighten the points below:
- Brand purpose: Identify your products and services like the back of your hand and the reasons behind them.
- Target audience: Determine your customer and understand them through their digital footprint and behavior.
- Competitor and market landscape: Scope the competitors in your industry, identify what they do differently, and how to plan your approach.
- Unique selling points: Understand what makes your brand, product, or service unique.
- Brand voice: Recognize the best way to communicate with your target audience using a consistent and cohesive voice so your brand will be ‘noticed’ the same way across different channels.
- Brand recognition: digitally engage with your customers in various techniques and be constant in how you speak to them.
Following the compelling digital brand strategy listed above, your business should be able to experience an overall improvement in brand awareness, loyalty, and advocacy.
3. Content Planning
A digital marketing consultant formulates a content calendar to document and guide efforts based on the business’s overall content marketing strategy.
This calendar gives focus and direction for your company’s content creation that will be valuable and relevant as you grow.
There are several content calendar templates that you can explore, such as Trello, Asana, Airtable, or just a simple Excel file.
A digital marketing consultant should manage a workflow process and answer the subsequent questions about the content strategy:
- Who is/are the target audience for your content?
- How does your content fulfill your target audience’s particular problems?
- What differentiate your products and services from competitors?
- Which content types work best to achieve your digital marketing advantages?
- Which marketing channels are most suitable for your content?
- How to allocate and manage human resources to direct all content planning needs?
4. Project Management
Project management comprises various skills, techniques, and knowledge to complete particular tasks and project specifications.
Whether the digital marketing consultant will be working with your team or not, he or she must be equipped with this skill to secure your marketing campaigns on time.
Building an emotional connection with your consumers enhances trust between you and your customers by connecting with them on a personal level.
When your brand tells a story, customers listen.
- Would you read a story of how a customer helped from a product or a list of its benefits?
Storytelling can be manifested in different varieties and formats. A digital marketing consultant concentrates on these aspects:
- Identify the core brand identity and formulate a brand narrative or signature story.
- Provide precision to the reasons of your company.
- Discover and understand what makes your target audience like.
- Optimize the influence of different content formats, types, and styles.
- Utilize the strengths of different online platforms for particular content formats or types.
- Create unity in the look and feel of your content.
A digital marketing consultant should stay up-to-date on the latest SEO best practices and trends.
Around 3.5 billion searches worldwide are made on Google every day. Optimizing content for search engines has never been more crucial.
SEO, or search engine optimization, is a fundamental online marketing method intended at boosting quality traffic to your website through organic search results.
When your content’s optimized, the possibility of ranking in search engine results will be higher and more visible to your target audience.
SEO requires some patience to recognize results, and your digital marketing consultant must guarantee you achieve the results you want to achieve.
7. Pay-per-click (PPC) advertising
A Digital marketing consultant must be savvy about the various PPC ad programs offered on Google and social media channels. They should also understand how to maximize your ad spend in advertising your products or services to your target customers.
PPC advertising is done for a diverse set of industries and used to generate traffic to your website faster through Google AdWords, Facebook, or Bing.
8. Analytics and Evaluation
A digital marketing consultant should or can determine quantitatively the varieties of content and the specific topics which draw in more traffic to your website, social media accounts, and other digital channels.
A digital marketing consultant can also utilize data analytics like Google Analytics to understand the target audience’s behavior and preferences.
You can then leverage these insights to produce campaigns that will help build more trusting relationships with your customers, generate more leads, and make sales.