Top 11 Do‘s and Don’ts for Job Searching from An Bui
Job searching is already exhausting and stressful enough, so there is no need to make things difficult by saying or doing the wrong things. Undoubtedly, some things ruin your job hunt, at the same time a factor that can assist you to obtain that ideal job. Knowing the basic do’s and don’ts when looking for work can make or ruin your job search.
Please remember, you must put your best foot forward to increase your chances of receiving an offer. Looking for job ads, preparing resume and cover letters, dressing for an interview, sending a thank-you note, job hunting (or not) from work, and using social media are all things that can make or fail your job hunt.
An Bui will offer some job searching tips on what to do and what to avoid in job searching.
Do’s For Job Searching
- Use LinkedIn to its full potential – With millions of active users all looking for work, make sure you use it to its full potential to help you get a job and advance your career. If you are in trouble, do not hesitate to seek our assistance.
- Use a job search engine – This will allow you to simultaneously search all major online employment sites by area and keyword. You can also look for jobs using specialized parameters like industry, career field, jobs posted on Twitter and other social media sites. Of course, offline job search options can be used to increase your chances of getting employed.
- Customize your cover letter – Select the most appropriate sort of cover letter for the job you’re going for, and make sure it’s well-written and tailored to the position. It also needs to be grammatically precise, concise, clear, and error-free, as well as include the proper format, salutation, and closure. If you’re sending an email cover letter, make sure you follow the hiring manager’s submission guidelines.
- Outline your Resume –Interviewers already know you enjoy working in a team and are self-motivated, so don’t waste time or space on your resume by stating non-specific personal characteristics. Keep your resume to a minimum and let recruiters know where they can reach you. Adding your blog/website and social media profiles, in addition to the essential skills to put on a resume, is easier than ever before thanks to technology. You must have made certain that your web presence reflects your best qualities.
- Build a network with the right people – Do your research on a firm that has a position you’re interested in to learn about its culture, beliefs, and who you should be interacting with to get leverage and assist your name to rise to the top of the interview pile. However, all of your encounters with important people should be relevant.
- Leverage internal referral systems – Most multinational corporations have referral programs in place to encourage employees to recommend new people to the company. This is a fantastic opportunity for you to quickly get your resume in front of the correct individual. All you have to do is connect with one of your network’s employees and ask him to endorse you.
DO’s in Job Searching that are basic but worth mentioning:
- Make use of formal language.
- Arrive on time at the office
- Create a distinct personal brand.
- Look for employment that fits your skill set.
- Enter an interview with a pleasant attitude and self-assurance.
- Used a neat and professional dress
Here are some 7 entry-level marketing jobs and how to land them – career advice from An Bui.
Don’ts For Job Searching
- Do not show up for the interview unprepared – Before making the hire, learn everything you can about the company (history, mission statement, locations, etc.). Also, look at their LinkedIn page to see which of your skills are most applicable to the job.
- Badmouth prior employers – If you can speak disparagingly about your prior job, the interviewer is likely to assume that you will speak similarly disparagingly about his or her company if you depart on bad terms.
- Apply for jobs you are not qualified for – This is a waste of time, therefore don’t do it. This does not, however, imply that you can just apply for positions that match your exact requirements.
- Forget to Follow up – Recruiters may require a “push” or a polite reminder of your candidacy if you forget to follow up. Even if you aren’t confident you aced the interview, sending a thank you note and confirming your interest in the firm and the position will help you resurface in the hiring manager’s mind (and make a good impression, too).
- Defy yourself – Whether it is at an interview or when writing your resume, be honest and direct. If you tell one recruiter one thing and another, your chances of getting the job are greatly reduced.
Figure Out What Kind of Remote Job Is Best for You
First and foremost, not all remote jobs are created equal. So, let us talk about what kind of remote possibilities to figure out which ones are the best fit for you. You can check the current and future trends in remote work this 2021. As you prepare to start your search, consider the following:
Think about how much stability you are looking for.
There are numerous options for working remotely or becoming a digital nomad. You can work for one company full-time and earn a salary. You can work for a few months on a contract basis.
You can work as a freelancer for a range of firms. It is crucial to think about what kind of remote opportunity will work best for you. Look for a place to call home with plenty of room to grow?
Then a full-time job may be your best option. A contract or freelance work, on the other hand, can be a better option if you want more flexibility and independence (apart from the location).
Consider your preferred working hours.
When it comes to in-person positions, the expectations for when and where you will work. You will work at the office every day from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. or whatever hours your team considers standard. When it comes to the remote job, the expectations can be less evident, albeit they might also be more flexible.
If that is what you like, look for businesses that operate on a fairly traditional schedule in your time zone. You can find one that will allow you to work at any time and from any location. Alternatively, you might align your preferred schedule with a time zone where such hours are.
Consider the type of remote culture you desire.
Always think about business culture. You want to make sure you get along with your coworkers and believe in the firm’s goals and ideals. However, there is an additional layer when applying for a remote job.
Every organization approaches remote work in a unique way. Some businesses have a primarily in-person workforce with a few remote workers, while others are entirely remote.
There is also a distinction to be made between a job where you work remotely but are required to attend the office many times a month and a job where you may be hundreds or thousands of miles away and never visit an office (or maybe there is no office).
Check out An Bui’s article how to figure out what you’re good at not just what you’re passionate about.
A Fresh Start With Online Career Accelerator
It’s not easy to get a new job, but do not worry. Learning how to job hunt like a pro and getting the outcomes you want is simple. While each job seeker and job search is unique, many best practices will benefit all job seekers, and you may begin by selecting only those that make the most sense to you.
Are you looking for a new job?
Most career advisers will advise you to begin seeking work while you are still employed. And when you do, you must proceed with caution.
An Bui Digital Marketing will teach you how to properly find the job you desire is changing all the time. How you find and impress employers often depends on industry trends and your desire to follow through the process. You will be alright if you remember these dos and don’ts.
Online Career Accelerator provides job seekers with the tools they need to succeed at every stage of the job search process. If your resume and cover letter writing abilities are rusty, consider enrolling in our program.
Hurry! Enroll and get an 80% OFF Deal today or Join our Digital Marketing FREE Course here! Follow An Bui Linkedin | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter . You can Also SUBSCRIBE to An Bui Youtube Channel for more videos!
Like This Post? Do Me a Favor and Share it!
And for more tips on how to make money online make sure you check out the following: